Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Organized or disorganized

Yesterday was 55F/13C in Grafton, MA.  Today we are preparing for rain to change to sleet/ice then to snow.  There should only be a few inches of snow compared to the predictions last week.  I am happy.  I would rather have snow than ice.  Ice is so dangerous.  You do not always see it, so driving or walking becomes hazardous.  The dirty snow will continue to melt.  Spring is next week.  Next week is Spring.  Either way it is nice.  I was checking for the first flowers but I have not seen anything yet.  I will post a picture when they decide to pop out of the ground.

Today, 12 March, is James Taylor's birthday.  James Taylor is a great singer.  He has been singing since the 1970s.  Below are some of my favorite songs.

Fire and Rain - James Taylor
You've Got a Friend - James Taylor
Mockingbird - James Taylor & Carly Simon

Compliments.  Compliments are so important.  A simple "Thank You" is wonderful.  Always graciously accept the compliment given to you.  I was told many years ago that it may be your last compliment given to you.  It is very hard for me to accept compliments, but I have learned through the years.  Remember to compliment at least one person each day.  Make that person smile.

As I was driving home from work today, I was thinking about my grandmother.  She is 95 years old and living happily in her own home.  She has been labeling all of her items with the person's name who gave it to her.  She has items labeled with my name.  I was 8 years old and gave her a bracelet.  She showed this to me in the box labeled with my name.  She wants everyone to get the stuff she gave back to them.  To have the foresight to organize everything.  I like this idea.  I was thinking this is a great idea.

To be organized is a good.  One's organization could be another person's disorganization.  My desk at work is very organized to me.  I have a lot of STUFF on it.  I have a pile of papers on my desk.  I can find exactly what I need with no problems.  My life at home is different.  We are still living in boxes.  The kitchen is almost finished. We are waiting for one cupboard to come.  The original one disappeared between the warehouse and our home.  So, the disorganization is driving me crazy at home.
My bedroom still has the kitchen table and blue chair.

I went from compliments to organized to disorganized.  Re-reading this post seems to be disorganized. I will be more organized tomorrow.

Listen to the James Taylor songs.  Mockingbird is one of my favorites.

The ice and snow are coming.  Watch out!

1 comment: