Saturday, March 15, 2014

300 miles in a day and never left the Boston area

Today was a very busy Saturday.  I slept until 830am EDT.  I really enjoyed the extra sleep.  It was a beautiful sunny day.  Manny and I headed to H Mart (The Happy Asian Store) in Burlington.  We went to bought Pomfret and Red Snapper.  I had both of these fish in India.  I hope Manny can cook them as well as the restaurants in Mumbai.  H Mart is a great place to buy fresh fruits, vegetables, meats and fish.  It was not too crowded, so I was happy.


Manny had bought sushi grade tuna so we had to head home to get the raw items in the refrigerator.  We were heading to Sharon High School in Sharon, MA to see the Marian High Drama Team Play called "Anatomy of Gray".  They did a great job.  Max did the lighting.  It was a great job.
During the play a person in the audience fainted.  The kids on the stage did a great job with the distractions in the audience.  We have not heard it they made it to the next round.  This was the semi-finals.

Burlington to Sharon is in the opposite direction.  Burlington is North of Boston.  While Sharon is South of Boston.  I drove over 300 miles today.  Manny and I stopped at Wrentham Outlet Mall, but bought nothing.  I was so hungry for spicy India food.  Manny was looking for a restaurant with protein.  We ended up at Mayuri in Westborough, MA.  I showed the waiter my cindyinmumbai.blogspot.com and asked if anything could be made.

Well, the Masala Papod was a disappointment.  It was not the same as Mumbai.  They do not have Butter Chicken.  The waiter told me Chicken Tikka Masala is the same.  I asked for medium spice.  It was too mild.  He took it back and spiced it up.  The chicken biryani and Chicken 65 was perfect spice.  I was warned that Indian food in America cannot be compared to Indian food in Mumbai.  I agree!  It was good, but I have had better.

Today is Yo Yo Honey Singh's birthday.  He is an Indian Rapper.  His big hit is "Blue Eyes".Blue Eyes

It is Will I. Am's birthday as well.  The only semi-clean song is Bang Bang

Max has returned home.  The Marian Drama team did not win.  I cannot believe it.  Max said everyone was so sad.  The 2 Academies won.  I did not see their plays, but real.  A person fainted during Marian's performance.  I don't understand.  He is still smiling.  They did their best.  This is Max's Senior year, so it was the last time for him to attend the competition.

It was a busy day, but I enjoyed it.  Tomorrow is almost here in 1 minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment