Monday, March 17, 2014

Kitchen Table

As I was leaving Planet Fitness I realized there was still sunlight.  The temperature was not as frigid as it was this morning.  Spring is in 2 days.  It is nice to leave the gym without darkness.

Today is St.Patrick saint day.  Boston was the first city to celebrate this day.  In Ireland this is not drinking holiday.  For Americans it is a day of green beer and corned beef and cabbage.  What is "corned" beef?  I do not see corn.  People love eating boiled corned beef.  I just cannot see it.  It is a beef brisket cured with salt and other stuff to brine the meat.  I had an Indian chicken dish Manny made for me, but it needed more heat.  It was very good.

Out kitchen has been remodeled.  The entire kitchen was gutted and rebuilt.  The wall between the kitchen and living room has been removed.  It is an opened area.  The "Last Supper" and the original wall clock has been hang on the wall.  The kitchen table is set up.  It looks so small now.  There is not a lot room for it.  We will make due.  I cannot get rid of the family table.  There are too many memories.  Max will tell you each mark, gash and scrape on the table.  The chairs were chewed by Dolly (our dog).  I need curtains on the window.  I need to have something on the window.  Next is to have the couch and 2 chairs back in the living room.  The TV will be after the furniture.

The kitchen table is an amazing place.  It is not only used for eating.  The amount of times the table was used to play games and cards.  It was a homework table.  A place to have great discussions.  This table was used preparing food for family gatherings.  It has so many memories.  This table was purchased when we moved into our home.  It is 19 years old.  It will be continued to gain more memories.  A simple kitchen table is filled with wonderful times.

March 17 is John Sebastian's birthday.  Who is this man?  He sang at Woodstock.  He also sang the "Welcome Kotter" song.  Welcome Back
He was the founder of the Lovin Spoonfuls in the 1960s. He is in the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame.  This was a big hit Day Dream Believer


No comments:

Post a Comment