Today was Sunday. We begin by going to Mass. This is the 2nd Sunday in Lent. There are 4 more Lenten Sundays before Easter. The readings were done by young people today. They were wonderful. It takes a lot of courage. Msgr. Mike homily discussed Pope Francis' New Year Resolutions. The most best resolutions was "To Be Happy". In our busy lives we sometimes forget to take time to be happy.
When our children were young we were so focused trying to survive each day. Both of us were working full time. The children needed to brought to preschool and other activities. Then school began and homework every night. There were times I realized at the end of the day I did not take the time to enjoy the time with my children and husband. I lost the moment to enjoy my time with my family. Remember to take a step back and be happy. It may not be the best moment but being happy will make it better. I have many happy memories. I have asked my children who are 21 and 18 if they had a good childhood. It worries me if not all parents if their children were happy.
Another resolution was "Don't Gossip". We are all guilty of this. This is very hard to stop. I have to make a very conscience effort to stop the gossip. There have been times I do not realize I am gossiping. I need to stop and think before I speak. Would I say it to the person I am talking about? Would this hurt the person?
Americans are the most wasteful of all nations. We throw away so much food away. I need to learn to take only what I can eat. I try to leave something on the plate. I need to stop and think before I take food. When I am grocery shopping I need to buy only what can be used. There are some many things I buy and it is thrown away. There are so many people wanting to eat anything. I have to take a step back and create list to shop with only. Msgr. Mike suggested to always buy at least 1 item for the food banks or less fortunate.
Just like trying to remember to be happy we need to make time for others. With the hectic schedules of today do we make time for others. I am very guilty of this. While I was in Mumbai, India, everyone was making time for me. I realized the people were giving their precious time to spend with me. I realized that need to spend time with others outside of my family. Today Darshana invited Manny and I to her home. We had a wonderful time with her husband, Sameer, and her little girls Sia and Samira. She cooked great India food. It was a nice time to relax and be with friends. I will be doing more of this with my coworkers and friends.
In today's world many choose the best even though it is not needed. Why does a small child need to wear UGGs? They will not be worn after the 1 season since children grow so quickly. I am guilty of materialism. I have tried to not over purchase. I will ask "Do I need this?". There are times when materialism wins over what is really needed. I will be purchasing a vehicle I need to keep this in mind. Do I want a higher car payment for the extras or keep it simple? This will have to be in the forethought. Brand names does not mean you are better than others. Our children attended Catholic schools. They had uniforms for the entire time. This was great. There was no comparing. There has been studies concerning schools with uniforms and other school with none. The schools with uniforms have better school attendance, grades and retention of students.
There are items I will discuss at a later date. There is a lot to think of now. My biggest goal to to spend time with others and be happy. I am only human. I will try to keep all of these things in my heart.
Cindy thinking of cost cutting...hey remember to clap along wen u will happy...:)
ReplyDelete