The snow is blowing sideways. What happened to the Spring-like weather on Tuesday? the doors on my minivan were frozen today. I could not open the side door when I pressed the button. For the 20 minute commute to work the buzzer in the van told me the side door was open. It was so iced I had to wait for the van to heat up to close the door correctly. All I am thinking is Spring begins on 20 March. Only 1 week from today. SPRING!
Today is the 1st anniversary of Pope Francis' election to the Papacy. It has been an amazing year. He has refocus the Roman Catholic views back to the basics. All humans should be working with all people in need. It does not matter the people's beliefs. People are People. We should take the time to help someone in need. It could be you in a blink of the eye. We should not judge. To have a person realize that someone cares for them is the best medicine.
Pope Francis is a man with simple needs. People have sent him letters and he has called some of the people back. Wouldn't that be the most awesome thing! To have Pope Francis call you and ask how are you doing!
This week my daughter who is a junior (3rd year) at Iowa State University decided that she wants to stay the summer at the university. She wants to get a job/internship in the Food Science field. I knew this day would come when she was not going to come home from summer vacation. She is ready to take the next step in her life. She will always be my "Baby Girl". I love talking to her about her life. It brings me back to my college days.
My college days were 1981 to 1984. It was a completely different I attended St. Mary's College, Orchard Lake, Michigan. It was a small campus. I lived in an old Army Barracks built in the 1880s with a convent on the first floor in a different wing. The building had great character. My Freshman dorm room had orange walls with ugly blue carpet and we bought a cheap navy blue shower curtain for the window. My roommate, Pam, and I had the best room on the floor. It was next to the back exit. There were no men allowed during the week, but the weekends the opposite sex were allowed in the rooms during a set time. The rooms location allowed guys to come to the room easily to watch TV (black and white). The ceilings were high, the windows leaked cold air in the winter and there was no air conditioning in the hot months. It is the best time. I completed my undergraduate studies in 3 years. My last 2 years dorm room overlooked the Grotto. The Grotto had a statue of St. Mary and candles. There were benches for people to reflect.
Orchard Lake was across the street. We would swim in it in the warm months and cross on the ice to the island in the cold months. It was a beautiful area to sit and relax. My friends and I would collect cans and bottles to be redeemed for extra money. Great memories
Today is Neil Sedaka's birthday. These are some of his songs. The first one I have never heard before but is beautiful.
"You" - This is a wonderful song.
Calendar Girl
Laughter in the Rain
One of my favorite movies is "No Reservations" with Catherine Zeta-Jones. It is a beautiful movie. If you have not watched it, I recommend you do so.

Today is the 1st anniversary of Pope Francis' election to the Papacy. It has been an amazing year. He has refocus the Roman Catholic views back to the basics. All humans should be working with all people in need. It does not matter the people's beliefs. People are People. We should take the time to help someone in need. It could be you in a blink of the eye. We should not judge. To have a person realize that someone cares for them is the best medicine.
Pope Francis is a man with simple needs. People have sent him letters and he has called some of the people back. Wouldn't that be the most awesome thing! To have Pope Francis call you and ask how are you doing!
This week my daughter who is a junior (3rd year) at Iowa State University decided that she wants to stay the summer at the university. She wants to get a job/internship in the Food Science field. I knew this day would come when she was not going to come home from summer vacation. She is ready to take the next step in her life. She will always be my "Baby Girl". I love talking to her about her life. It brings me back to my college days.
My college days were 1981 to 1984. It was a completely different I attended St. Mary's College, Orchard Lake, Michigan. It was a small campus. I lived in an old Army Barracks built in the 1880s with a convent on the first floor in a different wing. The building had great character. My Freshman dorm room had orange walls with ugly blue carpet and we bought a cheap navy blue shower curtain for the window. My roommate, Pam, and I had the best room on the floor. It was next to the back exit. There were no men allowed during the week, but the weekends the opposite sex were allowed in the rooms during a set time. The rooms location allowed guys to come to the room easily to watch TV (black and white). The ceilings were high, the windows leaked cold air in the winter and there was no air conditioning in the hot months. It is the best time. I completed my undergraduate studies in 3 years. My last 2 years dorm room overlooked the Grotto. The Grotto had a statue of St. Mary and candles. There were benches for people to reflect.
Orchard Lake was across the street. We would swim in it in the warm months and cross on the ice to the island in the cold months. It was a beautiful area to sit and relax. My friends and I would collect cans and bottles to be redeemed for extra money. Great memories
Today is Neil Sedaka's birthday. These are some of his songs. The first one I have never heard before but is beautiful.
"You" - This is a wonderful song.
Calendar Girl
Laughter in the Rain
One of my favorite movies is "No Reservations" with Catherine Zeta-Jones. It is a beautiful movie. If you have not watched it, I recommend you do so.
It wud b in college wen u saw the great movie 'Rocky Picture horror show'?? :)
ReplyDeleteYou are correct. In my Freshmen Year a group of students and a Catholic Priest went to see "The Rocky Horror Picture Show". It was so much fun. Fr. Ziemba was a great sport. What great memories. Still makes me laugh.
Delete