Saturday, March 8, 2014

Is it SPRING yet?

As I was sitting at work yesterday, my little elephant's ears were happily moving up and down because of the light shining down on it.  Its ears were moving lazily all day.  I would turn to look at it and smile.  Such a small thing to make a person smile.

Since I have been home from Mumbai, India, as I leave work around 5pm ET there is still daylight.  It is amazing to see daylight with the added bonus of a beautiful blue sky.  The blue sky had wispy clouds hanging among the blue background.  Imagine the blue of the ocean or the blue eyes that hypnotize.  (See Yo Yo Honey Singh music video)  As I was driving home, the sun began setting in the West.  The sky began turning from blue to red and orange.  The daylight was coming to an end.  The chill in the air became more intense because the sun's heat was moving below the horizon.  My little elephant's ears slows down when the light is not shining.  The same thing happens to me.  I love when I walk out of work and there is sunlight.  I forgot the beauty of the sunlight.  Winter brings simple beauty of Spring.  In this case pre-Spring.

The trees and other plants are still waiting for the first sign of Spring.  The sun is slowly moving towards the equator.  I cannot wait for the first signs of warmer weather.  The flowers will be coming up soon.  There is over 9 inches of snow on the ground.  The flowers cannot see the sunlight under the cold blanket of snow.  Anticipation!  Spring is a time for the anticipation of Summer.  Spring brings flowers, trees budding new leaves and birds returning.  The snow is melting today.  The temperature is 53F/13C.  This is great!

Spring begins on March 20th this year.  There is only 12 days left.  I am so happy.  I missed the worst part of winter while I was in Mumbai.  I remember in 2nd grade I had to write a poem.  Remember this is a 2nd grade writing this poem!

Spring is such a funny thing.
It always sets me wondering.
With little bunnies hopping outside
And butterflies fluttering by.

Don't laugh.  I received an A for this poem.  I loved writing poetry after my teacher praised me.  A little kindness boosted my self-esteem.

Time to heat up the house since it is still winter outside.

                   


No comments:

Post a Comment