It is a very cold Friday, 14 March, in Massachusetts. Spring is only 6 days away. Will the Spring temperature come with the season? Only time will tell. The weekend is only a few hours away.
Today is Albert Einstein's date of birth. The man was a brilliant scientist. If he did not get out of Europe he may have been a static instead of the man who coined "E=mc2". The hair cracks me up though. Who thought that was a great look? Now, when I think of a scientist I picture the crazy hair of Albert Einstein.

Today is Billy Crystals birthday as well. I remember him on Saturday Night Live and other movies. He is a very funny man. I have found a quote I liked of his.
“Nothing can take the sting off the world's economic problems like watching millionaires present each other golden statues.”
― Billy Crystal - On the Oscars
(This is for Noor.)
I am sitting quietly in my home. Max is at the Drama Festival and Manny is at Zumba. It made grilled cheese sandwiches and Campbell's Vegetarian Vegetable soup. A meal made for a Lenten Friday. I am trying to start a fire in the fireplace. It is taking a lot of attention but it is finally catching. There is nothing in the living room. I am sitting on a kitchen chair using a portable table. It is cold outside. The sun has began to set at 7pm EDT. There is a full moon shining down on the Earth tonight. It is a wondrous sight to behold. To see the full moon shining so brightly and the man's face smiling down upon us.
I see the trees in the front yard swaying with the cold wind blowing. The sky is lit by the moonlight. There is a peaceful mood surrounding the night. Tomorrow is a new day. Everything starts fresh. The past is done. You start with a new look. Are you ready to thank God for giving you another chance to experience life? I have thought about this lately. I have had so many wonderful things in my life.
My husband, Manny, has stood by me for almost 27 years. Next month is our 23rd wedding anniversary. I am not the easiest person to be with. He understands me. I am thankful everyday I have him in my life. The first time I saw him I knew I was going to marry him. He was in his Class A Army uniform. (All men look great in a uniform.) After a week we were dating and 4 years later we were married. I am the luckiest person in the world.
Sometimes luck comes in a different way...
This week as I was driving my 8 year old Honda Odyssey minivan the "engine light" switched on. I am thinking why! I had filled the tank with gas and the next day the light goes on. Usually this means the gas cap is not tight. I re-tightened the gas cap and the light was still on. This evening the light finally shut off after 3 days. I am so happy. I need this van to last until August. There is over 190,000 miles and climbing. My next vehicle will a burnt orange colored SUV. I need to find the vehicle now. My van has gone to many adventures with Boy Scouts and family vacations. It is a very faithful vehicle. Many great memories have been part of this van.
There is one more celebrity's birthday I want to mention and those who know me will no why.
Quincy Jones is a composer and his birthday is today as well. He wrote the following composition.
Baby Elephant Walk
Remember this one...Soul Bossa Nova
This is with Bill Cosby Hikky Bur
I never heard of this song, but it has elephants. I had to share this with everyone. I love elephants. I have been collecting elephants for more than 35 years.
\More on my elephants on another day.
Today is Albert Einstein's date of birth. The man was a brilliant scientist. If he did not get out of Europe he may have been a static instead of the man who coined "E=mc2". The hair cracks me up though. Who thought that was a great look? Now, when I think of a scientist I picture the crazy hair of Albert Einstein.
Today is Billy Crystals birthday as well. I remember him on Saturday Night Live and other movies. He is a very funny man. I have found a quote I liked of his.
“Nothing can take the sting off the world's economic problems like watching millionaires present each other golden statues.”
― Billy Crystal - On the Oscars
(This is for Noor.)
I am sitting quietly in my home. Max is at the Drama Festival and Manny is at Zumba. It made grilled cheese sandwiches and Campbell's Vegetarian Vegetable soup. A meal made for a Lenten Friday. I am trying to start a fire in the fireplace. It is taking a lot of attention but it is finally catching. There is nothing in the living room. I am sitting on a kitchen chair using a portable table. It is cold outside. The sun has began to set at 7pm EDT. There is a full moon shining down on the Earth tonight. It is a wondrous sight to behold. To see the full moon shining so brightly and the man's face smiling down upon us.
I see the trees in the front yard swaying with the cold wind blowing. The sky is lit by the moonlight. There is a peaceful mood surrounding the night. Tomorrow is a new day. Everything starts fresh. The past is done. You start with a new look. Are you ready to thank God for giving you another chance to experience life? I have thought about this lately. I have had so many wonderful things in my life.
My husband, Manny, has stood by me for almost 27 years. Next month is our 23rd wedding anniversary. I am not the easiest person to be with. He understands me. I am thankful everyday I have him in my life. The first time I saw him I knew I was going to marry him. He was in his Class A Army uniform. (All men look great in a uniform.) After a week we were dating and 4 years later we were married. I am the luckiest person in the world.
Sometimes luck comes in a different way...
This week as I was driving my 8 year old Honda Odyssey minivan the "engine light" switched on. I am thinking why! I had filled the tank with gas and the next day the light goes on. Usually this means the gas cap is not tight. I re-tightened the gas cap and the light was still on. This evening the light finally shut off after 3 days. I am so happy. I need this van to last until August. There is over 190,000 miles and climbing. My next vehicle will a burnt orange colored SUV. I need to find the vehicle now. My van has gone to many adventures with Boy Scouts and family vacations. It is a very faithful vehicle. Many great memories have been part of this van.
There is one more celebrity's birthday I want to mention and those who know me will no why.
Quincy Jones is a composer and his birthday is today as well. He wrote the following composition.
Baby Elephant Walk
Remember this one...Soul Bossa Nova
This is with Bill Cosby Hikky Bur
I never heard of this song, but it has elephants. I had to share this with everyone. I love elephants. I have been collecting elephants for more than 35 years.
\More on my elephants on another day.
Nice quote by Mr. Crystal...
ReplyDelete