A thought for today...
"Personally I'm always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught." - Winston Churchill
With the new kitchen I have to learn how to use all of the new appliances. (I bet most of you thought I was going to write "learn how to cook". I know how to cook and bake. I do not enjoy it. It is not fun. Doing the laundry is more relaxing and enjoyable than cooking.) Back to my lessons with new appliances. I have very little patience with new technology. Shouldn't you be able to turn a knob or press a button and it work? Not our new JennAir appliances. They are smarter than the person using it. ME!
I get home tonight after going to Planet Fitness and getting my hair cut. (I am back to going to the gym since I returned from Mumbai.) I wanted to heat up my leftovers and some noodles. Manny gave me a quick lesson yesterday on how to use the stove, but today I could not turn the power on. The stove was locked. What was I going to do? I did not want to heat the food in the microwave. Manny just got out of his Zumba class so I called him. I had to press the "Lock Control" and hold until it unlocked. Really! There needs to be a "cheat sheet". I need to go to remedial classes to learn how to work this stove.
The new pot Manny bought is for the magnetic induction stove. The temperature of the burner can only be low to medium heat. You cannot use metal in the pot. When the cookware comes with instructions with so many dos and don'ts maybe it is not worth purchasing. It is a nice pot though. The new stove is magnetic induction but very few pots and pans that work on it. I do not know if this was completely thought through when the decision to purchase it was done.
The oven has a built in cookbook. It is "dummy proof" for people like me. It tells you how to place the racks in the oven for the item to cook. It is amazing the logic. You cannot simply turn on the oven any longer. There are so many prompts. I just want to have the oven heat up so I can cook something. Again, there will have to be remedial course for me.
Patience is a virtue!
There is a downhill slope on the floor between the island and refrigerator. With my fused ankle I feel the slightest change on any surface. I am still learning the irregularities of the floor. I need to know this. It is a good work out with the slight incline or decline depending which way you are walking. I am still trying to get used to all the changes.
Change is Good! Really?
The kitchen is a good change. I cannot wait for it to be completely finished. The rooms (living room and kitchen) echo because there is no furniture. I hope this weekend we can set up the living room.
Learning is good, but have the patience to be taught is hard. I am living proof of this. Being stubborn does not help me. I like status quo. Learning new things are scary at the beginning. It gets easier.
I will get used to the new appliances in the kitchen. I would rather do all the laundry than cook though.
"Personally I'm always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught." - Winston Churchill
With the new kitchen I have to learn how to use all of the new appliances. (I bet most of you thought I was going to write "learn how to cook". I know how to cook and bake. I do not enjoy it. It is not fun. Doing the laundry is more relaxing and enjoyable than cooking.) Back to my lessons with new appliances. I have very little patience with new technology. Shouldn't you be able to turn a knob or press a button and it work? Not our new JennAir appliances. They are smarter than the person using it. ME!
I get home tonight after going to Planet Fitness and getting my hair cut. (I am back to going to the gym since I returned from Mumbai.) I wanted to heat up my leftovers and some noodles. Manny gave me a quick lesson yesterday on how to use the stove, but today I could not turn the power on. The stove was locked. What was I going to do? I did not want to heat the food in the microwave. Manny just got out of his Zumba class so I called him. I had to press the "Lock Control" and hold until it unlocked. Really! There needs to be a "cheat sheet". I need to go to remedial classes to learn how to work this stove.
The new pot Manny bought is for the magnetic induction stove. The temperature of the burner can only be low to medium heat. You cannot use metal in the pot. When the cookware comes with instructions with so many dos and don'ts maybe it is not worth purchasing. It is a nice pot though. The new stove is magnetic induction but very few pots and pans that work on it. I do not know if this was completely thought through when the decision to purchase it was done.
The oven has a built in cookbook. It is "dummy proof" for people like me. It tells you how to place the racks in the oven for the item to cook. It is amazing the logic. You cannot simply turn on the oven any longer. There are so many prompts. I just want to have the oven heat up so I can cook something. Again, there will have to be remedial course for me.
Patience is a virtue!
There is a downhill slope on the floor between the island and refrigerator. With my fused ankle I feel the slightest change on any surface. I am still learning the irregularities of the floor. I need to know this. It is a good work out with the slight incline or decline depending which way you are walking. I am still trying to get used to all the changes.
Change is Good! Really?
The kitchen is a good change. I cannot wait for it to be completely finished. The rooms (living room and kitchen) echo because there is no furniture. I hope this weekend we can set up the living room.
Learning is good, but have the patience to be taught is hard. I am living proof of this. Being stubborn does not help me. I like status quo. Learning new things are scary at the beginning. It gets easier.
I will get used to the new appliances in the kitchen. I would rather do all the laundry than cook though.
No comments:
Post a Comment