Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Raw eggs and Spring

Today is St. Joseph's day.  It is 19 March.  Joseph was the step father of Jesus.  This day is considered Father's Day in many countries.

Tomorrow is the first day of Spring.  The flowers will be starting to pop out of the ground soon.  The pollen levels are going to be going crazy.  My allergies are already acting up.  I feel like I am floating.  My head is very heavy.  I will be going to Zumba Chair tonight.  I hope I can make it for the hour.  I will need to have hot tea before I go.  I enjoy going to this class.  It is something different than Planet Fitness.

Back to Spring.  Equinox means the day has equal number of hours of day and night.  Spring comes in the Northern Hemisphere while the Southern Hemisphere goes into Winter.  There will be more sunlight for the Northern Hemisphere.  This is wonderful until the heat and humidity

Illustration image

For the 24 to 48 hours you can balance a RAW egg on its tip.  The sun is on the equator so there is equal pull of gravity.  This is always a great experiment with kids.

The winter coat is being removed, while the light spring jacket is coming on.  The Earth is starting to wake up.  The plants are getting signals from the longer sunlight that it is time to start coming out.  I can't wake for the daffodils and tulips.  The season is short but the beauty is worth it.  The peonies are starting to sprout.  I have seen robins (birds).  This is a sure sign that warmer weather is coming.  The robin does not eat from a bird feeder.  There is still a nest in the bush next to my bedroom window.  I am waiting to see if any bird moves into it.  I love watching the baby birds.

There is less snow.  The weather is warming enough to melt the snow.  The large piles will take so time to melt.  I hope the dirty snow continues to melt.  I have so flowers under the blanket of snow.

Manny has moved in the speakers and the table long table into the living room.  It is slowly being pieced together.  Maybe the TV will come in soon.  He will need to have Max help.  The pictures needs to be hung again.  My elephants were stored in the attic.  They will brought down this weekend to set up.

Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment