Sunday, March 9, 2014

How do you save Daylight when Daylight Saving Time begins?

In the United States Daylight Savings Time (DST) began.  Benjamin Franklin was the first to discuss the idea of DST in 1784.  It took until March 1918 for the USA to institute this crazy idea.  Massachusetts Congressman decided to move the date to the second Sunday in March from the first Sunday in April.  The one reason the congressman stated to move the day to early March so the criminal activity would be less since there is more daylight. WHAT!  Also, the idea was to extend the day.  It was so supposed to save daylight.

How does one save daylight?  When saving money there is a bank or piggy bank or safe.  When saving your sanity you avoid the thing or things that will drive you insane.  How can you save daylight to use it again?  Now the environmentalist would advocate the use of solar panels to store sunlight for use in heating buildings and water.  For everyone who do not have solar panels what is being saved during daylight saving time?  The daylight is longer as the Summer comes.  Arizona does not want to have more daylight during the hottest season, so the clocks in Arizona never change.  There is no adjusting to time.  Life is simpler in Arizona concerning DST.

This is a positive for Daylight Savings Time.

It is 7pm EDT (Eastern Daylight Time) and I am freezing.  The daylight has moved to night.  The temperature is dropping to below 32F/0C.  I do not feel the warmer with more daylight.  Before I went to sleep last night I moved the clock ahead 1 hour.  I lost 1 hour of sleep.  There are so many studies stating adults do not get enough sleep.  I just lost another hour.  How do I find that 1 hour?  Where did it hide?  Is it with the saved daylight?  So many unanswered questions.

Did you know sunflowers follow the sun for sunrise to sunset.  The sunflower actually moves its head towards the sun all day long.
Sunflowers finding the daylight.

There is one answered question at home right now.  Who made Butter Chicken?  Manny made me Butter Chicken.  Why do I want to continue to eat India food after eating this food the whole month of February while working in Mumbai?  I love the spice.  I am used to eating food with flavor and spice.  The food I was eating before my trip is so BLAND!  I mean flavorless!  I need the spice.  I have bought chili sauce to add flavor.  Manny is very happy about this turn in events.
Butter Chicken on the new stove top in the new pot.


We finished eating the Butter Chicken and Roti.  We are still standing and eating at the new kitchen island. The kitchen table is in our bedroom.  I hope soon the kitchen table and living room furniture will be back in the correct rooms.

We are relaxing watching Food TV.  Thank goodness I am not hungry any longer.
I am really not relaxing.  I am trying to move pictures from Mumbai from my camera to Facebook.  I have no idea what is wrong.  I am consulting the Home IT department.  He is not really working on it at this time. Will the pictures ever escape the confines of the camera?  Only time will tell.

Back to saving daylight...Let's see what tomorrow will bring.  Will there be more daylight tomorrow?  Will some be saved for a later day?  There is supposed to be another SNOWSTORM on Wednesday into Thursday.  More to come.

1 comment:

  1. Never understood day light saving...but i knw now u like Indian spices...and love eating butter chicken...:)

    ReplyDelete