Saturday, April 26, 2014

Let there be Peaceful thoughts

I woke up this rainy and cool Saturday morning.  It was very quiet in the house.  Manny went to Zumba and Max was still sleeping.  This is the first day I woke up peacefully. I have allowed the stress around me infuse me.  This is not good.  Stress stops me from performing at my peak.  I need to stop and breath.  I want to thank one person who made me stop and think.  Noor is an amazing young man. He works in Mumbai and has a peaceful aura.

Noor is a young man who has great love of his family especially his Grandmother.  For the month I was in Mumbai I never saw Noor stressed.  He is so confident.  He sits back and works.  There are many demands on him in his position at work.  He loves movies.  He knows movies and Oscars.  He has introduced me to so many movies I would not have watched without his recommendations.  The latest movie he wants me to watch is "Ride Along".
It is not out on DVD yet, so it will have to wait.

Back to Saturday and peace.

I started by driving to a second-hand or consignment shop.  I love going to this shop in North Grafton.  I have found some great items.  Today I found books for Jackson and Jada.  I also found notebook and sticky notes. I love the sticky notes.  I have them all over my desk at work.  I found "Life is Good" sticky note pads.  I had to get this and daisy sticky notes.  I have tried to stop buying them, but when I found unique sticky notes I have to get them.

The next place was Starbuck's for my Venti Iced Coffee black.  I needed my delicious iced coffee.  It is so refreshing.  Between April 1st and September 30th I get iced coffee.  The remaining times it is hot coffee. This is a rule in my life to keep order.  I appreciate the iced coffee more when the 1st of April comes.  The coolness of the bitter taste of coffee is so amazing.  I take my time drinking the coffee.  Also, I need the caffeine. It is sad to know I am addicted to caffeine.  Next Lent I may have to abstain from coffee.  I worry about the people around me for the first three days.  It will be tough, but it will be rewarding.

I mailed a box for my friends in Mumbai.  It has gone to Ashish.  I hope it makes it through customs quickly. There are no really addresses in India.  In the address it word "Near" is in it.  The postcards I have sent have always made it to his home.  It is interesting how the mail gets to a place with no specific home address.  I hope it will be there in 10 to 14 days.  I will check with Ashish in a week.

All of this was so peaceful.  I was doing what I wanted to do with no worries.

I had scheduled a massage with hot stones this afternoon.  I was so relaxed after the hour of massage.  The calming music and trickling water from the fish tank was great.  Patricia was amazing.  She made me feel so calm.  The peacefulness of the room and person was exactly what I needed.  My muscles were so tense, then pure relaxation.  I came home and started a fire in the fireplace.  It was so cozy.  It was so warm. The fire dancing across the logs.  The heat from fire added to be relaxation.  It was still raining outside with the coolness.

Now it is time to sleep to be awake for Mass tomorrow morning.

Let there be peaceful thoughts in my dreams.  I will prayer for this while sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment