This weekend started with me sleeping from 12 midnight until 12 noon on Saturday. I was shocked! I never sleep best 9am on the weekends. I needed that sleep since I had very little for the past 2 weeks. It has been rough at work, but like all things everything comes in cycles. Life is a cycle. There are good and bad, exciting and boring, happy and sad and times you feel completely alone and times when you feel the support of others.
Last night Manny and I went to the Marian High School Gala Casino Night! We had a great time. I won $7000 "fake" playing Craps. It was so much fun. There was a silent auction and active auction. All the money went to the school. Erika and Max have benefited from this great school. I would not change the high school they attended. We have watched them grow from teenagers to young adults to mature adults. Choices we made were right on point.
My outlook on life changed the on year I was attend Bishop Miege Catholic High School in Shawnee Mission, Kansas. The prior year in 9th grade at Hillcrest Junior High School in Overland Park, Kansas. I had done poorly in all my classes but Science and Math. I did not care about much and my view of the world was not positive. My parents were watching this and I feel horrible I put them through this. My grades were horrible.
My brother, Tim, attended Bishop Miege's in his 9th grade year, but I did not want to go there. I stayed at Hillcrest for that year. I final broke down at went to Bishop Miege High School in my 10th grade.
My life changed for the positive. I had new environment and new friends. My grades went from extremely poor to As and Bs. I found Math and Science very easy, but these were always be easiest classes. My degree is Biology/Chemistry. Mr. Closkey was my Geometry teacher. I hated Geometry, but I will never forget what ASSUMEs mean. I felt part of a family at this school. It was the exact change I needed. My life was going nowhere. I was so happy. Another teacher was Mrs. Gray. She taught English. It was my easy A.
The change in schools had attributed to a change in my life. I started to view the world with a positive view. I had wasted so many years always finding the negative in my world. I did not want to be happy. Just one small change and caring people all around me waiting for me. My Aunt Carolyn came up to me one day when I was missing my Grandparents and said "Why are you always looking at the negative?" This statement shook me.
I have told Erika and Max this when they were starting to not see the positives around them. I told them that I spent too many years not seeing the beauty around me. Also, look for the good in your surroundings. I feel my children are happy. I am happy.
There are times is start falling into the same trap of my youth, but I have great people around me.
I am happy. I hope my positive attitudes helps others be happy.
Last night Manny and I went to the Marian High School Gala Casino Night! We had a great time. I won $7000 "fake" playing Craps. It was so much fun. There was a silent auction and active auction. All the money went to the school. Erika and Max have benefited from this great school. I would not change the high school they attended. We have watched them grow from teenagers to young adults to mature adults. Choices we made were right on point.
My outlook on life changed the on year I was attend Bishop Miege Catholic High School in Shawnee Mission, Kansas. The prior year in 9th grade at Hillcrest Junior High School in Overland Park, Kansas. I had done poorly in all my classes but Science and Math. I did not care about much and my view of the world was not positive. My parents were watching this and I feel horrible I put them through this. My grades were horrible.
My brother, Tim, attended Bishop Miege's in his 9th grade year, but I did not want to go there. I stayed at Hillcrest for that year. I final broke down at went to Bishop Miege High School in my 10th grade.
My life changed for the positive. I had new environment and new friends. My grades went from extremely poor to As and Bs. I found Math and Science very easy, but these were always be easiest classes. My degree is Biology/Chemistry. Mr. Closkey was my Geometry teacher. I hated Geometry, but I will never forget what ASSUMEs mean. I felt part of a family at this school. It was the exact change I needed. My life was going nowhere. I was so happy. Another teacher was Mrs. Gray. She taught English. It was my easy A.
The change in schools had attributed to a change in my life. I started to view the world with a positive view. I had wasted so many years always finding the negative in my world. I did not want to be happy. Just one small change and caring people all around me waiting for me. My Aunt Carolyn came up to me one day when I was missing my Grandparents and said "Why are you always looking at the negative?" This statement shook me.
I have told Erika and Max this when they were starting to not see the positives around them. I told them that I spent too many years not seeing the beauty around me. Also, look for the good in your surroundings. I feel my children are happy. I am happy.
There are times is start falling into the same trap of my youth, but I have great people around me.
I am happy. I hope my positive attitudes helps others be happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment